This is a very simple but delicious light dinner...you can serve it with a simple salad and some bread.
* 3 pounds white mushrooms, divided (I used one pack TJ's sliced mushrooms and 1 pk whole mushrooms)
* 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
* 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley sprigs
* 4 garlic cloves
* 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
* 8 large eggs (I just did 4 eggs for me and Jeff)
* 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
* Flaky sea salt such as Maldon or Fleur de Sel
Preheat oven to 450°F with racks in upper and lower thirds.
Thinly slice two thirds of mushrooms 1/8 inch thick (or use the TJ's sliced ones.) Toss with 1/4 cup oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then spread evenly in 2 large 4-sided sheet pans (I line them with nonstick aluminum foil to help with cleanup.) Roast, switching position of pans and stirring mushrooms occasionally, until all of liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are golden and crisp, 10-15 min.
Meanwhile, cut remaining mushrooms into 1/2-inch wedges. Finely chop parsley with garlic. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sautémushroom wedges with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper 1 minute. Add red-wine vinegar and sauté 1 minute. Stir in parsley mixture and butter and sauté until butter has melted. Season with salt. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered.
Poach eggs while mushrooms roast:
Bring 1 1/4 inches water to a boil in a deep large skillet or saucepan with distilled vinegar. Break each egg into a cup and slide egg into water, spacing eggs apart. Poach at a bare simmer until whites are firm but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir together mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon toasted cumin in a large bowl, then divide among plates. Lift eggs out of poaching liquid 1 at a time with a slotted spoon and drain briefly in spoon on paper towels before transferring to mushrooms. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and remaining toasted cumin to taste.